Welcome to the website of the IPSA-USP Summer School on Methods and Concepts in Political Science and International Relations!
The 7th season of the IPSA-USP Summer School on Methods and Concepts in Political Science and International Relations will take place from January 18 to February 5, 2016. Courses in quantitative, qualitative and formal methods will be offered in one-week modules.
Please see our Course Offerings to learn about the courses that are being offered and to apply. The deadline for the IPSA-USP Summer School has been extended until October 12, 2015 for courses that still have some slots available. The following courses are still receiving applications:
Module 1 Courses (January 18-22, 2016) – 35-hour courses
- The Philosophy of Science: Positivism and Beyond - Patrick T. Jackson, American University
- Essentials of Multiple Regression Analysis – Glauco Peres da Silva, University of São Paulo
- Essentials of Time Series Analysis- Lorena Barberia, University of São Paulo
Module 2 Courses (January 26-29, 2016) - 28 hour courses
- Advanced Time Series Analysis - Lorena Barberia, University of São Paulo and Guy Whitten, Texas A & M University
- Basics of Causal Case Study Methods- Derek Beach, University of Aarhus
- Basics of Multi-Method Research: Integrating Case Studies and Regression, Jason Seawright, Northwestern University
- Basics of Quantitative Methods for Public Policy Analysis – Bruno Cautrès, Science Po
- Building Parametric Statistical Models - Randy Stevenson, Rice University
Module 3 Courses (February 1-5, 2016) – 35 hour courses
- Advanced Issues in Multi-Method Research: Integrating Case Studies and Contemporary Methods for Causal Inference, Jason Seawright, Northwestern University
- Advanced Issues in Quantitative Methods for Public Policy Analysis – Bruno Cautrès, Science Po
- Maximum Likelihood Estimation - Randy Stevenson, Rice University
- Pooled Time Series Analyses - Guy Whitten, Texas A & M University
- Predicting Elections, Cliff Young, IPSOS
- Using Case-Based Methods in Practice- Derek Beach, University of Aarhus
To apply for admission, please click here.
For those who have been accepted and to confirm your slot, please access the online portal and proceed to payment. Payments must be received by November 4, 2015.
We look forward to welcoming you to São Paulo in 2016!